Thursday, October 20, 2011

I suck at blogging

Yes, you heard right. I'm not good at blogging. Sometimes (most times) I cannot think of anything clever to post. Does everything need to be clever? No. Informative? Not necessarily. Entertaining? Probably. I mean what's the point, bottom line so to speak, for a blog if nothing else but to be entertaining. Does this entertainment always have to be in the form of the written word? I guess not. That being said, let me share this pencil sketch I did several years ago of the late Donald Pleasence, someone that ought to be with all of us with interest in horror.


It is taken from a rather old photo I came across. My apologies to the photographer. I don't know who shot it, but the lighting was cool enough for me to want to reproduce it in graphite. I'm trying to determine if I'm a better artist or writer, both or neither. And I guess, does it really matter? So long as I do what I enjoy right? I know, your thinking, what is he talking about? Where is the discussion on Italian horror movies? Well, I just had to post some thoughts on weather this whole blogging thing was right for me or not. I'm not sure. I suppose, time will tell.

As for Italian horror movies. The top of the list: Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci. Zombie, Suspiria, Demons, Gates Of Hell (or City of the Living Dead if you prefer), The Beyond, Phenomena (Creepers here, with Jennifer Connelly(sp?)), and I know I'm forgetting some. And as for the music? Don't even get me started on Goblin, Claudio Simonetti, or Fabio Frizzi!

Until next time.

No comments: